Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pre - Story

It's funny to look back at High School pictures and think. "I thought I was fat then????" 
Oh man, if I only knew what I know now. 

Things that I have said and believed since high school that have led me to my new "Starting" point. 

"If I work out, it DOESN'T matter what I eat. I can eat whatever I want!" 
"I could NEVER give up _____, I love it too much " insert MANY options; white bread, pasta, treats etc. 
"I'm NOT strong enough to resist (above food)"
"I WISH I could do that" -Watching American Ninja Warrior
"I WOULDN'T be able to do that!" -Talking about running 
"It's too EXPENSIVE to eat healthy!"
"I DO NOT have time"

So at the time I was 100% correct, I couldn't because I had no FAITH/RESPECT/LOVE in myself. 
What has changed you asked???? 

In the past 6 months I have found what works for me! I have found a lifestyle that not only has taught me how to change myself, body and mind, but it has given me a totally different outlook on life. 

I know now that it FULLY does matter what I eat. I have to eat clean/healthy food to fuel my body so that it can perform at it's peak.
I have learned that I CAN give up the food that I thought I could never give up. On reward day do I get a treat? YES I do, but there are things that won't ever be back into my eating plan.
I have learned that if I DEDICATE myself to something and work hard at it, I will get better and then I will be able to do that!
It's too expensive NOT to eat healthy! (money and health)
DO I have time? HA! I have to MAKE my time! It has to be a priority or else I'm right I don't have time. But I can get up 10 minutes earlier and I can use my wasted TV time in the evening for a quick run.
I have learned that I AM STRONG ENOUGH!!!!

This blog will be used for a few different purposes.
- Posting some of my goals and accomplishments 
- Posting before and through out the journey pics
- Documenting my meal plans
- Posting/links to recipes that we enjoy
- INSPIRATION for myself and others

I want to say a HUGE thank you to my friends and family that have been my support system the last 6 months. With the support that I have, I can move mountains. I have been EXTREMELY lucky in the support department and I appreciate it all. 

In  the next few days I will be adding meal plans and recipes. If you guys have any special requests, please let me know and I will do everything I can to post about it! 
Thank you for taking the time to read, I hope that with this blog I will be able to help inspire people to look for the "better" them! Am I the BEST me? No, but everyday I'm waking up knowing that I'm going to be better then I was yesterday! 







No comments: