Monday, October 20, 2014

Dinner tonight!

Hello all of my followers! (All few of you!) but you few I owe huge thanks to for hanging in there and sticking with me! So I am working on compiling up a bunch of our favorite recipes into one post but tonight's dinner was a MUST POST! 
I used my turkey meatloaf recipe minus a few things and made turkey burgers(p) topped with Swiss cheese(f) and fresh pico(v) then as a side dish I made carrot fries(v) because you need "fries" with burgers! 

 Turkey burger - 
2lb turkey
2 egg whites 
2TBSP coconut amino's (got at sprouts)
1tsp pink salt
1tsp fresh ground pepper
1tsp minced garlic
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I measured out into 4oz "balls" the turkey mixture is kind of wet so it's not really ball form. 
Lightly spray frying pan with cooking spray and cook covered on medium low heat.  I just pressed my ball into a patty shape once in the pan. Once browned flip over and finish cooking. (Mine cooked down to 3oz portions.)  Top with Swiss and pico 

Carrot fries- 
Peel and cut carrots into sticks. In a bowl top lightly with extra Virgin Olive oil and I used Mrs Dash seasoning to help flavor them up. Mix well to ensure the carrots are evenly covered. I cooked them at 375 until soft. About 10-15 minutes. 

This was one of our winner dinners tonight! I knew it would be since we LOVE the turkey meatloaf recipe! But top with cheese and pico DELISH! 

In the next few days I will be posting more recipes! 

1 comment:

Christie Norris said...

I definitely need to try the carrots. Maybe with a little cinnamon. Or fresh parsley.