Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thyroid RULES

So as most of you know I had a total thyroidectomy mid January and with that removal my body has built a VERY tall wall, a brick wall so thick that I just can't seem to break through it! After the surgery I knew there would be recovery period and a resting period and so I took it slow and listened to my body. It is the boss after all but 2.5months later I'm about to fire the boss! ;-)
Let me please start by saying I'm not downplaying in anyway nor am i ungrateful that I have lost 66lbs and that I've gone from a size 24 to a 10. I'm EXSTATIC even! My life has changed so much in 11months its crazy to even think back to pre new lifestyle!
Back to the reason I want to fire "the boss" the brick wall that I'm talking about is the scale and my weight! It hasn't even as much budged since I started going back full time (eating and exercising)
But when you are so close to your goal you can almost taste it...... ITS HARD! I'm 30lbs away from making my goal and the hard thing is..... I know the choices that I'm making every day with eating and working out should be moving that dial. I know Im not looking for 5+weight loss a week but I just want to see it creep down! The thing I'm holding on to right now is that I'm still losing inches so my body is changing and for that I'm grateful because it's what's motivating me right now! And so anyone reading this has any awesome tips or tricks that have helped breakdown that thyroid wall please message me!
A week ago I was talking to a friend of mine who is actually on the same journey as me just a few months ahead of me and we were talking about the curse word "Plateau" and so we made a workout promise to each other and its helped keep us accountable for what we committed to do. Isn't it so crazy that we are so willing to hold ourselves accountable when someone else knows what your committing to, but when its just you, its so easy to not hold yourself to the same standard?!?!? I find that crazy and that is one thing I'm going to start working on but until that is mastered I may use a few of you to share my goals and help hold me accountable!
So while its discouraging I'm choosing to look at the positive! My body is an AMAZING mystery! One that I don't know will ever be completely solved but it'll sure be fun experimenting to find little keys here and there right!?!?!?
I just want to end by saying thank you for taking the time to read this and showing your love and support to me. I just hope that this blog will reach people that may be going through the same thing or looking to find a different way.
Thank you to my family and friends for the support and kind words you give me daily! I love you all and with your support I can't wait to BUST THE WALL DOWN!
THANK YOU!

No comments: